Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > General News > Newsletter Articles > Sport

Sport

It is great to see our summer sports up and running and our...
Sport @NEGS
Sport @NEGS

It is great to see our summer sports up and running and our students trying new things. It can be hard at times to give things a go but I am proud of our students for having the courage to do so. In particular, it was such a pleasure to watch our students at basketball this week with most of them never having played before. The final score didn’t go their way, but each and every player walked off the court with a smile, a laugh and an enthusiasm to return next week to have another go. 

A few housekeeping rules for this terms sports:

NEGS PE uniform is to be worn, unless a shirt is provided.

No non NEGS clothing items are to be worn, including to and from games.

Remember the commitment made to your team/coach - ensure you are at each game/session unless you have approved leave.

Registrations need to be completed by next Monday if not already done so.

We also wish our Festival of Speech competitors the very best of luck in Sydney this Saturday, 21 October. These students are competing in a variety of public speaking events and we look forward to hearing about their excursion in the next newsletter.

Competitors - Hannah Murray, Mackenzie Ellem, Vivienne McGinty, Callie Jarrett, Sasha-Lily Scott-Hamilton, Mirabelle McGinty, Pippa Robinson, Dominique Baker, Grace Rogers, Ruby Holgate.

It was also wonderful to have our students and staff represent our school last Sunday at the 19 for 19 Challenge for Anya’s wish. The local community came together with over 500 people walking for this great cause and we thank the students and staff that gave up their Sunday morning to support this event. This will be on our calendar of events next year so mark the Sunday of Week 1, Term 4 in your calendar and come along and join us. 

Upcoming Events:

Celebration of Sport Dinner - 1 November

IPSHA Gymnastics - 2 November

Mrs Liane Nixon

Sport CoOrdinator and Junior School PE Teacher

Similar stories

P&F

From the P and F President - My family and I are looking forward to the NEGS Twilight Fair in a few weeks... More...

Boarding @NEGS

The start of Term 4 marks a fresh beginning, a time to set... More...

Equestrian @NEGS

As we come into Term 4 as the new EC captains for 2024, we are so excited to... More...

Junior School @NEGS

As we step into the new term, I am thrilled to share a number of exciting... More...

Deputy Principal @NEGS

The run home has begun, but the ball is well and truly still in play... More...

Most read

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech