Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > General News > Newsletter Articles > Deputy Principal

Deputy Principal

The run home has begun, but the ball is well and truly still in play...
Deputy Principal @NEGS
Deputy Principal @NEGS

The run home has begun, but the ball is well and truly still in play. As we move through a term that quickly passes, it is imperative to keep a steely focus so as not to miss out on vital information or attend important events.

There are plenty of opportunities for our community to come together, from the Magic Millions Horse trials to the Twilight Markets, from the Sports Dinner to Speech Day, all of which embody our value of Teamwork. So, if you can assist at events, especially the Horse trials or Twilight markets, please contact the school.

It was an absolute pleasure to be involved with the NEGS team who participated in the Armidale Community event, 19 for 19 walk last Sunday. This wonderful fundraiser is supported by the local organisation, Tour de Rocks, and raises money to advance research into curing childhood cancer. This is a cause that is close to the hearts of many and for NEGS to be part of the 600 strong contingent, was a testament to our commitment in offering opportunities for our students to make a difference. A hearty congratulations to those girls who walked both the 9km and 19km and to the staff that accompanied them, thank you for being fantastic role models.

Students have embraced the warmer weather and should be commended on the way they have worn the uniform. However, just a reminder to ensure hats are worn when out in the sun and hemlines need to be below the knee.

Can I also commend our new Yr 12 students for the way they have transitioned into leading our school. I have witnessed an upbeat and positive mindset and look forward to working with them as they develop into strong leaders.

House Keeping:

# Preparation should be underway for students attending the Yr 11 Leadership camp in week 5, Yr 9/10’s Outward Bound Challenge in week 7 and New Caledonia excursion in week 8. Information will continue to come out so please keep an eye on your inbox. 

# A reminder to all that Speech Day is a compulsory day of school and it is expected that students arrange their end of term around this day.

# Please ensure leave processes are followed when absences are occurring, both through Orah and Day School when necessary. 

Mr Jamie Moore

Deputy Principal

Similar stories

P&F

From the P and F President - My family and I are looking forward to the NEGS Twilight Fair in a few weeks... More...

Boarding @NEGS

The start of Term 4 marks a fresh beginning, a time to set... More...

Equestrian @NEGS

As we come into Term 4 as the new EC captains for 2024, we are so excited to... More...

Sport @NEGS

It is great to see our summer sports up and running and our... More...

Junior School @NEGS

As we step into the new term, I am thrilled to share a number of exciting... More...

Most read

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech